Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

FAQs - All FAQs

A building permit is generally needed when any minor or major electrical, plumbing, mechanical, or structural work is installed to a structure. It is best to call and ask our trained code enforcement officer for direction.

It is the responsibility of the owner to obtain a building permit for all work to be done. Always ask the contractor doing the work to see the building permit issued from this office and post the permit on the premises easily seen from the road. Contact this office regarding any questions on permit issues.

There are various zone districts. To help you find yours this office needs to know the legal address and the owners name.

Only if you have enough acres to create lots which will meet all requirements in your particular zone.